Help With Back Pain
by Dr. Eric Pirrone D.C.
Can Chiropractic Care Help With Back Pain?
Chiropractic is very helpful in relieving back pain and in prevention of future back pain. The spines alignment is an important part in how the back works and feels. Chiropractic care correct’s any imbalances in the spine. Physical Therapy methods may also used to help with back pain, including laser therapy, stretching, and muscle stimulation. Lifestyle is important when dealing with back pain. Therefore, Dr. Eric Pirrone will prescribe stretching and strengthening exercises. Eating a healthy eating diet to maintain your ideal weight, will also help with preventing your back pain.
Why does Back Pain occur?
There can be different factors that can contribute to back pain. Here is the types of back pain we see in the office:
- Injuries- traumas such as slip and falls and sports injuries. Motor vehicle accidents. Broken bones and sprains.
- Mechanical- prolong sitting is a common cause of mechanical back pain. Our spines were not designed to sit.
- Conditions- Osteo-arthritis, spinal stenosis, osteoporosis, and ankylosing spondylitis can cause back pain. Scoliosis, can affect the spine and cause pain. Pregnancy and fibromyalgia can also be common cause’s of back pain.
- Diseases- Very rare, but cancer can cause tumors in the spine and can put pressure on the spine and cause pain.
- Emotional stress can cause pain in the back and neck areas.